Wednesday, November 05, 2008

"New"

Over the past 3 weeks, a great deal of "new" has showed up in our lives. A new light fixture in the dining room...



There was a chandelier light there. But I prefer simple.

And a new dining room table/chairs...



The one we had in California needed to be replaced so it didn't make the move. I love the trestle style legs on this one.

We didn't have a den in the house in California so I needed furniture for this room. The sofa showed up...



...but the bookshelves won't be ready to mount to the walls for awhile yet. They are being custom built to cover two side walls and make a turn to the wall where the sofa will be. I've always wanted a room with wall-to-wall bookshelves, and am looking forward to lazy times on this sofa reading.

And most importantly...we have a new member of the family! Meet Elvis...



...a 6 week old Dachshund that my husband fell in love with. He was named by my daughter since he will be her dog. Elvis is adorable and so sweet.



I also have 4 new knit patterns. That will be my next post.

OTN: 2nd scarf for Special Olympics and sample knit for Knit Picks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elvis is really cute. Of course, the name didn't influence me at all!

Donna

Anonymous said...

Elvis is adorable! We want a puppy too!

Sorka said...

ooh Elvis is so cute.. now Isela! You had a doggie and it didn't work out so well.. hmm

And hey you work for KnitPicks too? I have a project on for them as well.. need to get some time in on it today!

Janet said...

I've always been an Elvis fan and this one is stealing my heart. He is so cute!!

And all your other new things are just great, too. Love that table!