Friday, August 18, 2006

A Good Yarn

Nice birthday filled with love and chocolate cake (yum).

I love to read, as evidenced by the bookshelves throughout our house. In addition to the chocolate cake (and pizza for dinner) hubby brought me a book for birthday. It's titled The Shop On Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber. He said...it's about a yarn shop called A Good Yarn. That got my interest.

I hadn't read anything by this author before but a book that includes knitting did sound intriguing. I read a couple of chapters last night. It's actually pretty good!

Did you read it? Are there any knitting patterns??

P.S. Thank you for the birthday wishes!

2 comments:

Janet said...

I have read it. There's another one with the same characters but I can't think of the title. Both pretty good. I think each book has a pattern....one is a baby blanket and the other is socks. The "baby blanket" book is the first one and the "socks" book continues the story.

Anonymous said...

The book looks interesting. There is also a series of books that contain needlepoint samples. They're mysteries written by Monica Ferris. The same sort of premise - except the needlwork shop owner, Betsy Devonshire, is also a part-time sleuth. The book I have is "Embroidered Truths" and the back of the book has "Tlatolli Pattern" to embroider. The pattern was part of the mystery.