Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What's next?



This past weekend, we had an early Spring. And in Oklahoma, Spring brings tornado weather. Thus, the weather happenings yesterday. We were lucky...missed us totally. But did make me thankful we had the storm cellar added to the property last fall. And it reminded me that we need to put a few basic emergency items in it, just in case.

Over the past month, there has been the ice storm, an earthquake, grass fires and now tornadoes.

What's next? Flood? A shortage of wool?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot famine. And mudslides. Glad to know the twister missed you. Hugs, Donna

Anonymous said...

Kathy,
I am glad you are safe. If there is ever a shortage of wool, let me know and I can help in that department :). Hugs and stay safe :)

Anonymous said...

I was raised in Waukegan, IL. We had tornados every year, and snow drifts up to 8 feet high. The summers were so humid you couldn't breathe, and the bugs huge.

I'll stay in CA if at all possible. Even here in the desert is a lot more pleasant.

I'm glad you're safe and have a shelter to go to. In IL we always went down to the basement and huddled in the SW corner (the direction the tornados came from), while my father stood in front of our picture window and watched the storm go by.

The good part of all this is the beauty of the area when it's all gone. Your springs and falls will be gorgeous. And summers should be a lot milder than they are in Acton.

Unknown said...

Glad you have that shelter. Sounds like everything is getting to Oklahoma, except for hurricanes.