Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tempting


No secret that I love knitting socks. So I'm surprised that I missed knowing about the Socks A La Carte book. (Must have been the move, the settling-in, and the broken ankle.)

I do know that it looks very interesting as the pages flip so that you basically are creating your own pattern. Sounds similar to Sensational Socks books but with pictures as you can create a visual to see how a cuff, body design, heel, etc., will look when put together.

Is it a good book? No idea. But I am tempted to find out!

If you have an opinion, let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard of it either. Thanks for the heads up!

Anonymous said...

If you work with Tofusies yarn or similar gauge, it's a good book. I think the ability to see how the patterns work it nice but Sensational Socks has more options for different yarns. Hope that helps. Joy