Still no knitting to show you. I am working on a sample knit for Knit Picks (can't show it to you), and thinking socks but haven't started anything yet.
Since this is primarily a knitting blog, this Friday Fill-Ins # 72 is entirely fiber related.
1. There is absolutely NO way you can get me to pack and ship my sock yarn during this move! It now resides in a plastic tub at the top of closet, along with my sock bag filled with dpn's and sock looms. Now all I need is time to pick the next pair.
2. The rise in temperature reminds me that summer is almost here!
I hear that most people find it too hot to knit or crochet during the summer. Not me. Hubby cranks up the AC during the summer so much that I tend to need sweat pants in the evening to be comfortable. So sitting and knitting feels just right.
3. I cannot live (happily) without my sock yarn stash. The latest additions to the stash are the Noro Kyreyon Sock yarn. I'm not really pleased with the texture of the yarn (shock!) but am planning to reserve final opinion after swatching and blocking (hoping it will soften).
4. Needle felting and spinning my own wool are two things I'd like to try.
These birds are needle felted. Are they amazing?!
5. When life hands you lemons add it to the margaritas of course! But I won't knit while under the influence. I'm already a loose knitter....can't imagine how loose they would be then. ;-P
6. My great-aunt teaching me to sew is my favorite childhood memory. She had a pedal sewing machine similar to this one
I used it to make doll clothes with loads of matching petticoats! If she had known how to knit, I know she would have passed it on too.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to finishing the neckline of the sweater I'm doing for Knit Picks, tomorrow my plans include casting on the sleeves and Sunday, I want to finish the sleeves!