Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Needles rule the roost

I love loom knitting - oh yes. I even finished a keyhole scarf yesterday...using pink Moda Dea Tutu on the purple loom. I had planned to post pictures of it today but camera batteries are dead again. Gotta recharge.

So...today needle knitting takes over the blog.
The camisole top is blocked.
I'm going to let it stay pinned until probably friday. Then I'll be able to seam it together and pick up the stitches for the bottom. I predict the Easter weekend will be spent knitting this while hanging out with my wonderful family!


Last night, I had an attack of sock withdrawal. What is it about socks that make us want to knit them? Really they're less expensive if we just buy the darn things! But making them is addictive....so I cast on and started the cuff.






If you like knitting socks but feel as if you're trying to juggle when working dpn, check out Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles by Cat Bordhi. This is a brillant method of working small diameter knitting without working with 4 or 5 knitting needles! I started knitting socks when I learned this method. But I had a bad habit of finishing one sock and leaving the other unfinished. Then I learned to use this method of sock knitting with 2 socks at once. It's not that difficult and I love it!

No more orphan socks!

P.S. If you haven't voted in the bead contest yet, please do! See previous blog post. Thank you!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Yea!...on the camisole. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. The socks look fun, and I like the happy colors. I haven't tried socks yet!
Janet